This year’s Christmas decorations

Every year, I used to make new decorations for our Christmas tree, and to share with family. We had a multi-year hiatus for a number of reasons, including moving here, but I've started the tradition up again. Each year, I try to do something different, hopefully learn a new skill, and use materials at hand. … Continue reading This year’s Christmas decorations

Our 2022 garden: first raised bed box

With the garlic all harvested, we've got two empty beds that need to be readied for next year's garden. With these beds, we had dug into the soft soil we found under the wood pile, mounding soil into beds and making paths in between. This worked out quite well, but there were a couple of … Continue reading Our 2022 garden: first raised bed box