A much better day today, and what will I do with these?

After yesterday being such a crappy day, I'm happy to say that today was much improved! This morning, I found several bright bits of sunshine in the garden. Several of our summer squash blossoms are now fully open! There are just male flowers right now, so it's still too early to expect baby squash, but … Continue reading A much better day today, and what will I do with these?

Our 2021 garden: corn, gourds, squash and melon transplants DONE!!

Yes!!!!! We managed to finish transplanting tonight! I thought we might have to move beyond the squash tunnel, but since these will be trained to climb, we were able to plant them closer together than we normally would, and they all fit. Also, I was sure we had the little pumpkins to transplant. I was … Continue reading Our 2021 garden: corn, gourds, squash and melon transplants DONE!!

Our 2021 garden: old kitchen garden, part two

Part One here. After the girls finished planting the Strawberry Spinach, they went ahead and spaced out the concrete blocks to they would run from end to end across the garden. The gaps in between were fairly large, so they had the idea of filling them with bricks and brought a bunch over. I liked … Continue reading Our 2021 garden: old kitchen garden, part two

Fall clean up: preparing the second garlic bed

Since I went and build up a bed and walkway yesterday, I kinda had to continue today! 😀 Here is where I left off, yesterday. The goal was to create another bed with compostable material buried in it, and make a second walkway. The first thing that had to be done was to break up … Continue reading Fall clean up: preparing the second garlic bed

More garden bed progress – and an experiment

Today, while the girls worked on the replacement sun room door, I was able to get some progress what will be a new garden bed. I normally like to take lots of before and after pictures, but today, I decided to experiment. I have a little Gorilla Pod with a phone holder, so I set … Continue reading More garden bed progress – and an experiment