Just One

This year, I've been allowing various things to come up in between the sidewalk blocks by the sun room, instead of taking the weed trimmer to them, to see what is there. Quite a lot of flowers have come up through the cracks and crevices between the rain barrel and the clothes line platform. Most … Continue reading Just One

A little friend, and change of (medical) plans

While picking cucalmelons this morning, I found a little friend! We've been seeing LOTS of frogs about this size, every time we to go through the garden beds. Usually, they hop off too quickly for me to get photos, but this one didn't move! He was even okay with the cucamelon leaves being pulled aside. … Continue reading A little friend, and change of (medical) plans


It was a hot day to be taking my mother for her medical appointment in a van with no air conditioning! It was already cooling down when I took the above screencap. 28C/82F, with the humidex bringing it to 35C/95F From the weather radar, I don't expect to get that predicted thunderstorm; it appears to … Continue reading Melting

A hint of what this August looks to be like

Today, the girls held down the fort while I headed out early to take my mother for a doctor's appointment - her first since things were just starting to shut down. Most appointments were being cancelled - thankfully, not hers - and they were only doing phone appointments. The clinic is still doing "walk ins" … Continue reading A hint of what this August looks to be like