Photo(s) of the Day: what’s going on here?

When topping up the bird bath with warm water, I could see where the cats had licked a hole though the ice on the surface to get at the water below. The hole got bigger when warm water was added to it. Potato Beetle was absolutely fascinated by it. He kept prowling around it. Water and bubbles must have been sloshing on one side as he did, because he kept going from the hole, so a spot beside it. Eventually, he started dipping his entire leg through the hole, causing something to to move on the side, which would catch is attention. Back and forth he kept going!

It was quite entertaining. 😀

Looking back: remembering

Two years ago today, my older daughter and I started our drive out to the farm.

The movers were such a disaster, we had to leave before they were finished.

We were able to look back on it last year, with a different perspective. Mostly, just relieved that it was over, and in the hope we’ll never have to go through that again!

By this time last year, we were getting into the routine of living out here, and taking care of the critters.


Most of the cats that were regularly with us in that first year are gone now. Only Beep Beep and Butterscotch are still here, as they have been since while my father was still around. I found pictures of them from when I was able to come out for a visit in 2015.

Which makes me happy. My dad did love the yard cats!

The Re-Farmer