Our 2021 Garden: expanding onions

After seeing how much the K-cups were drying out, I had to find a way to move them out so they can be watered thoroughly, without over watering the Jiffy Pellets. At our last city shopping trip, I picked up a couple of cheap little baking sheets, to make it easier to move the red … Continue reading Our 2021 Garden: expanding onions

Our 2021 garden: making grow bags

One thing about our internet being a problem is that we're really learning what browsers and websites are data hogs of one type or another. Chrome is better than Firefox, and WordPress is just awful. Not just the editor, but simply trying to view other WordPress blogs. I don't know what they're trying to do … Continue reading Our 2021 garden: making grow bags

Converting the fish tanks into greenhouses, part 5: all set up and pretty much done

Today, I was finally able to continue setting up cat proof greenhouses in our unused fish tanks, to start seeds. What I wanted to do was line the tanks with rigid insulation where they were near walls. Since there is no way to lower the lights to be closer to the seed starts, I was … Continue reading Converting the fish tanks into greenhouses, part 5: all set up and pretty much done

Converting the fish tank to a cat proof greenhouse, part 4: padded

Today, I found the self adhesive felted pads that I wanted to use on the covers for the fish tank. I found them while looking for something else, of course. 😀 Here is where, on the tank, I want them to sit. The bar across the middle has extra surface area in the corners of … Continue reading Converting the fish tank to a cat proof greenhouse, part 4: padded

Converting the fish tank to a cat proof greenhouse, part 3: covers done!

Yes! The big tank now has its cat proof covers! The second one was much faster to build than the first. 😀 For those who are new to this blog *waves hello* you can catch up on the project with part one and part two. Links will open in new tabs, so you don't lose … Continue reading Converting the fish tank to a cat proof greenhouse, part 3: covers done!