Clean up: old wood pile, today’s progress

It's been awesome to finally have some cooler weather, and a chance to get at least a bit more clean up done! This old wood pile continues to prove itself a bigger job than expected. Here is how it's been progressing since I started on the area, if you want to look at earlier photos. … Continue reading Clean up: old wood pile, today’s progress

Kitty Cuddles, and technical difficulties

First, the cute stuff. My husband passed the furry little bean off to me this morning, while I was at the desktop. Dave promptly curled up in a ball and fell asleep on my chest, making the most interesting nose noises. He then abruptly stood up, clambered up my shoulder, leapt across the chasm to … Continue reading Kitty Cuddles, and technical difficulties

Feathery friend, and progress

I had a nice surprise on my morning rounds today. 🙂 It was just standing there, watching me! I got some video as I went past. I'm still in the process of uploading it, but the embedded link below should work once that's done. Grouse, I've noticed, are not the brightest birds. I headed … Continue reading Feathery friend, and progress

Clean up: south fence path progress, and finding flowers

Today, I finally had both the time and the weather conditions to work on the south fence line of the spruce grove (there there aren't actually any spruces left...). So, while waiting for the freshly washed gates to dry, I brought out the weed trimmer, my new reciprocating saw, and a whole lot of extension … Continue reading Clean up: south fence path progress, and finding flowers