While the tech was here to try and figure out why our secondary internet account wasn’t working (more about that on another post), my daughter and I got started on the scrubbed and fully dry picnic table.
First, we set up her tent!
Once we moved it over the table, she got the paint ready while I pegged down the legs.
I was able to get only 1 leg properly pegged down. With the others, it didn’t matter what angles I tried, I kept hitting rocks!
Hopefully, it’ll be enough to keep it down if we get any winds.
Even if we don’t end up getting rain, it provided much appreciated shade!
Since it’s the underside, we weren’t too worried about complete coverage, except for the ends of the legs. Those might even get a second coat before we flip it.
I’m really glad we had those chimney liners to use to raise it off the ground. They really made the job easier! Amazing what a difference just those few inches makes, on preventing back strain.
The colour darkens a bit as it dries, but it’s still really, really bright!
Of all the things we need to work on, this small project is something that will be done fairly quickly. It’s a psychological thing. Once it’s done and set up, we’ll be able to see this one bright object in the yard that is a thing that we actually finished. So many other things have been delayed, or are things that will be worked on over years, not days, or even months.
I really look forward to using it when it’s done! 🙂