This morning, I came out to this.
That feeder was almost completely full, as of last night.
I’m actually surprised it took until now for the hinged lid to break apart, considering how many times it’s landed upside down and open.
At least I can say the base finally held!
The screws tore right through the old wood of the feeder’s platform.
I don’t see any point in repairing it at this time, but I’ll be keeping some of the parts and pieces, should we find ourselves with the materials to build a new one.
As for the base still on the post, it’s so secure, I’m leaving it for now. Who knows. I might just make a quick platform to put on there for a simple feeder.
Frustrating, but considering the condition the feeder was in when we moved here, it really is amazing it didn’t happen earlier.