Well, we’re at the end of the year, and I thought it would be a good time to look back and see how things have been on the blog.
I’m actually going to do two “top 10” lists. The first will be the most popular posts of all. None of them, however, were posts written within this past year! Some of them were on last year’s list, too. So I will do a second list for posts written in 2021.
Here we are, starting with the all-time, top 10 posts for 2021. All links will open in a new tab, so you don’t lose your place. 🙂
10. Making crab apple cider: airlock or cheese cloth?
9. Chokecherries, ready to freeze
6. Recommended: Kris Harbour Natural Building
5. Making kluski; Polish drop noodles
4. Sourdough Cornmeal Pancakes
3. Recommended: XiaoXi’s Culinary Idyll
2. Making hard crab apple cider: will it work?
1. Things with crab apples: apple cider vinegar
If this were a top 20 list, there would be a lot more posts related to crab apples on there! A lot of people were looking for things do with them, which makes me happy. We had no crab apples this year, so it’s good to know that so many others had plenty, and were looking for ways to preserve the bounty. 🙂
Now we have our list of 10 most popular posts that were actually written in 2021 – and they certainly are on a different theme!
10. Clean up: our “second bathroom”, first coat inside done! Now we just need to finish the outside. 🙂
9. Hinge fix done! And so is the van. 🙂 Well, unfortunately, that hinge fix didn’t last, and rather than do it again, we’re avoiding using the door until we can replace the entire door and frame.
8. Garden plans for 2021 All the best laid plans…
7. Our 2021 garden: the pressure is on! A kind gift we still appreciate!
6. Ginger Baby Update He’s doing just fabulous, now.
5. Presto, Change-o! Alas, between the drought and the critters, we didn’t have the quantities produce we hoped we would, and had nothing to use the pressure canner for. 😦
4. Our 2021 garden: transplanting Crespo squash I am still determined to grow these successfully, at least once!
3. Cold climate seed sources Particularly aimed at those growing in zone 3, or even lower.
2. Making hard crab apple cider: bottling day To answer the question in the number 2 spot of the previous list, yes. It worked quite well!
1. Our 2021 Garden: our Morado mystery And it’s still a mystery, as the Montana Morado got renamed Mountain morado. This fall, I found and ordered kulli corn seeds, and they finally made it through customs, so I should get them early in the new year.
There we have it! This year’s most popular blog posts of all, and the most popular blog posts written this year.
It seems lots of people have food and gardening on the mind!
I am most appreciative that so many people are finding these posts useful. Thank you for checking them out! I hope we will have many more useful posts for people to enjoy in the future.
3 thoughts on “Year End Review: our top 10 most popular posts for 2021”
Thank you, I’ve enjoyed reading along and following your adventures. 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks! And I have greatly enjoyed your posts, too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Year End Review: Our top 10 most popular posts | The Re-Farmer