After giving the second coat of paint 8 hours to cure – and making sure they weren’t tacky, like we were having problems with before – I put the hinge pins back up.
All of the painting is now complete!
The chain will be held just by the hinge pins for now; I don’t want to start scratching the new paint by wrapping the chain around the posts.
Though the paint was not tacky to the touched, I didn’t want to take a chance of the pins and their washers getting stuck once the nuts were tightened, so I applied spray lubricant, first.
As a bonus, while I was working on it, I met our neighbour, who was out jogging. As she was walking back, we introduced ourselves and had a nice chat. They live a mile away from us which is a pretty typical distance for neighbours around here. 😀 I’ve seen them (well; their vehicle) pretty regularly, but we hadn’t had the chance to meet until today. 🙂
The posts are now ready to have the gates mounted on the hinges, whenever my brother is ready to come by with the last pieces he has for them.
I’m really looking forward to seeing our freshly painted gate up again! 🙂