This evening, I remembered to grab a box of screws so I could get the newly painted bird feeder back up.
I did have an unexpected problem, though!
The feeder had been moved to the top of the picnic table, so that wire frame it was on could be used to hold the screen window from the basement for painting.
Either the feeder or the picnic table were not quite cured yet. The feeder was stuck!
In the photo below, you can actually see where some of the paint came off.
It’s the underside, though, so it doesn’t matter.
Meanwhile, the post mount now has 6 of the same type of screw holding it in place, instead of the two very different screws next to each other, like it was before! 😀
The post is actually narrower than the opening in the mount by a fair bit. Plus, I noticed the post, which is basically a steel pipe, is slightly squished. Which means the feeder wobbles. I’ll have to find something I can put around the top of the post to make up for that.
I did have to move one of the lilac branches and tuck it behind another one, to get it out of the feeder, as well as angle it to keep the one side clear. It holds a surprising amount of seed; I’m going to have to pick up more, if I want to keep adding bird seed to the other end of this flower bed, where the platform feeder and bird bath are.
I look forward to seeing how quickly the birds find it. 🙂