Okay, time for a break!
Hopefully, I’ll be able to continue later today, but if not, there is at least some progress in painting the inside of the outhouse.
This is the colour my daughter chose. Personally, I would have gone for a pale blue instead of a pale mint, but honestly, I don’t really care that much. We just needed a light colour to brighten things up on the inside, that wasn’t institutional white. 😀
I almost forgot to take the before photos!
The angle is bad because I was already standing on the seat box when I took these, and I wasn’t about to clamber down, just to take pictures. 😉
My main goal for today was to do everything that needed me to be standing on the seat box to reach. The only exception was one side of a roof joist, right in the middle. For that, I made use of the thick boards we’d found stored in here when we cleaned it out. The three of them together gave me 6 inches in height, and that was enough.
This is probably the most difficult part to do, with all the corners and tight areas. After this, things should go a lot faster.
The opening at the top is covered with wire mesh window screen, stapled in place. It did not occur to me that the mesh was not flush with the surface when I started trying to paint over it. I didn’t want to take it off, though. I think we will pick up some more wire mesh window screen in the future for other projects, and when we do, I’ll look at replacing this screen. Then the frame can be painted properly. No hurry, though. Depending on how long before we can do that, we could paint the frame in the same colour as the outside. We haven’t decided what that colour will be.
For now, though, I’m off to the Farmer’s Market. I’ve discovered that organic humans are being allowed in, and I want to pick up some pork from our neighbour. 🙂 We’ve emailed briefly and I might be able to check their homestead out over the weekend, too. 🙂 I’m looking forward to it!