As our day warmed up in the afternoon, I took advantage of it to get some stuff done outside. Now that the sign’s lettering is done, I used the paint, which I chose for its durability, to get the floor of the outhouse painted, first thing.
The first thing to do was remove the remarkably heavy piece of … whatever the stuff is called … out, then sweep and scrub the floor as best I could. Unfortunately, there are cramped spaces on either side of the door frame that I just can’t get into. At least not without making efforts I’m just not willing to make for an outhouse! LOL
I just painted over the crud. I figure, if it’s stuck to the point I can’t get it out with a brush, it can stay there.
Of course, in the time it took for me to turn around and set the paint can and brush down, a leaf blew onto the wet paint!!
I was able to reach it without getting into the wet paint myself, though. 😀 Then I quickly closed the door before more leaves blew in!
I don’t think I’ll bother with a second coat. If you look really hard, you can see some of the mint paint through the blue a bit, but most of this will be covered with the mat. I just wanted to protect the wood, really, and I think this will be just fine. If it isn’t, we can always add another coat next year, when we get more of the mint paint. The girls want to give it a final coat in semi-gloss.
It doesn’t look like we’ll be able to redo the roof before winter, so I’ll probably cover it with plastic before the weather turns, though at the state it’s in, it probably won’t make much difference if we don’t.
Which means that, once the paint is dry and the mat is returned, our emergency bathroom is now done for the year! 🙂