It’s been a while since I posted a recipe!
Last night, I decided to do another recipe I haven’t made in a long time. Normally, I would have done a double recipe, but I didn’t have enough cornmeal left.
Here is a recipe for:
Sourdough Cornmeal Muffins
adapted from The Sourdough Cookbook by Rita Davenport
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup sourdough starter
1/4 cup oil
1 cup milk
- Prepare tins for 12 muffins and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400C.
- In a large bowl, mix try ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg, then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin cups (about 3/4 full each).
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from muffin tins. Serve hot.
They’re good cold, too!
If they last long enough to become so. 😀
Excellent with a nice cup of rooibos tea!